Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Educational foundations

As we continue our theme of education, I've had a hard time thinking of what to write next. I already wrote some about what school is like in our family so far. While we incorporate parts of public and private school, what I know best is homeschooling. Homeschooling moms seem to be able to discuss curriculum and schedules for hours on end, so I guess I could write some of that... but I don't want to go there.

Instead I decided to go back to the very basics. The foundation. Why are we doing what we're doing in educating, and what do we want for our children at that very important level? Whatever different paths we are on as our children learn and grow, this is the most important part. I think my u verses for education are Proverbs 24:3-4:
Through wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
By knowledge the rooms are filled
With all precious and pleasant riches.
Wisdom... understanding... knowledge. Yes!

Also, there's a verse that might not usually be considered in an educational context, but my desire for my children is that they will be able to say "Thou hast set my feet in a large room," because of the education that they end up with.

Do you have favourite verses for education? What is your inspiration as you navigate all this with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment