Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Together: Books!

(Maybe I should try switching Tuesdays Together to Wednesdays? Last week I just couldn't post; today our electricity was off all day and just came back on....)


This goes right along with our most recent post. We planned to regularly include books in here with our coffee, tea, friendship, and chatting, so once again, I ask: what are you reading now? And, I'll add a bonus question: what are your children reading?

I just finished The Pastor's Wife with the Velvet Ashes book club, and I highly recommend it! There is a lot of fun, much to think through, and some beautiful writing in there, all available for free. I'll try to post some of my children's recommendations in the comments a little later.

Oh, also if you want to go back to the last time we discussed what we're reading, that's here.

3 comments:

  1. Someone just wrote to me that she tried to comment and couldn't. Is she the only one having trouble? I hope there's not a problem with the blog!

    She did share that she's reading Rejoice by Karen Kingsbury, A Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver, and The Incomparable Christ by J Oswald Sanders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Phyllis! I cannot login using Google, so I'm stuck being Anonymous.

    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the Hobbit with my boys and we moved on to The Lord of the Rings. Those are fun to read aloud and I as surprised how much they got into them (my 7 and 10-year-olds). I am currently reading War of Words, by Paul David Tripp (love anything by him). It is also part of the "Resources for Changing Lives" series, which is fantastic for biblical counseling, formally or informally. Also, I am finally reading Third Culture Kids because I had not read it yet!

    ReplyDelete