Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Topic: Contingency plans


Once again--sadly--I don't have any questions from readers. (Send some!)

So, I'll ask questions of my own. Things are still unstable in Ukraine, and I'm starting to hear phrases like "contingency plan" from the missionary community on the internet and in real life. What kinds of plans do you and/or your mission have? How detailed do you get with those, and do you have any guidelines for when they go in to action?

(If you have a “Tuesday Topic” question, please email it to me at fylliska@gmail.com. Provide your blog address if you would like to be linked to, or specify if you would like to remain anonymous. Thanks!)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great question. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I am interested to hear everyone's responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This question is very poignent for us as we were just evacuated from south Sudan and feel a bit like we live most of our lives in the in between spaces of "contingency plans". I think for us it becomes about personal risk thresholds...and then about what our main thing is, and how next steps or what we do with the blank spaces, the contingency plans help us get there in the long run. A marathon not a sprint. Anyway that is my vague late night answer ask me questions if you want to flesh out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being evacuated from south Sudan must have been a hair raising experience. May God give you grace for this in between time, Amie.

      Delete